Friday 4 June 2010

A delicious start

I am watching Julie & Julia.
Inspired, slightly high on sugar (and filled with an intense craving for boeuf bourguignon) I’m now throwing myself in to the blogosphere.

I have wanted to write a blog for years. My entire life, my notebooks, my e-mails, my facebook posts, my walls and my furniture are filled with words. I love sharing my ideas, thoughts and inspiration, but somehow I always end up containing them to e-mails, text messages and to be honest; mostly to the pages of my notebooks.

This is where that ends.

Lately I have started to explore the phenomenon “being good”. Being a good wife, being a good girl, being a good daughter, being a good sister, being a good friend, being a good housewife and so on. The result is quite amazing; many of us are wasting huge amounts of time feeling guilty for not being “good”(me included) but we rarely take the necessary steps to do anything about it. And if we do, we put in immense effort for a couple of weeks, feel good for a month, and then end up right back where we started.

Also what I’ve found out is that it very often takes very little to "be good". It might take a postcard, a mnemonic device, a short sentence, an easy technique. Small things, that should be easy to remember!

Now, no one is perfect and trying to be good, will always mean “trying to be better”. And I realize that.

This blog is to sum up the tips and tricks I learn on my way, as I strive to be good.

These are the conditions for my experiment.

1. My timeframe is 500 days. During which I will try to figure out the way to “be good”, divided in to these categories and goals:

Cooking – Trying 200 new recipes from all over the world, working my way to culinary bliss.
Creativity – Making 3 of my dream projects come true, which for me is all about being brave enough I think.
Healthy body – Working towards the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro, January 2013. This is my goal, my dream, my wish and I will need to prepare my body.
Healthy mind – Will find techniques for dealing with stress, being present in the moment and being happy. A part of this will be a gratefulness journal.
Friendship – Not sure what the exact goal will be, any tips?
Housekeeping – Find the secret! How do people get these tidy, clean houses?! I will work my way toward being a domestic goddess. And believe me, this will be the hardest goal for me.
Relationship – Trying to be “The perfect wife”
Self realization – Start my company, make it work, believe in my projects and find out… you know..
… how to be good

2. I will document my progress through this blog, sharing tips and tricks along the way. I’m hoping these will come in handy for others trying to be good.

3. I will take request for things to try, figure out and explore, so please feel free to give me tips
or challenges. I’m ready!

4. I will write in English although I'm Norwegian. Please feel free to point out mistakes, I'm thankfully still learning.

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment