Friday 25 June 2010

How to be good: update your blog!

Forgive my short leave of absence!
These last two weeks have been crazy. However, now the summer holidays have finally arrived!

Monday I leave for Iceland with my mother and sister. After that it’s a couple of weeks with doing _nothing_ (while doing all the things I haven’t had time to do)

Saturday I had my graduating class over for a graduation-party, and I thought I would be clever and make tapas!
Now, you might think; what a wonderful idea! When your goal is to try 200 new recipes in 500 days, tapas must be excellent! You could try several at once!
And yes. I could have. I should have. I was planning to.

How many did I actually use? 1.

For all the 18 dishes I made, I used 1 recipe. 1.

That one however turned out really good.
It was a recipe for hamburger-buns, and I nicked it here I used them for mini hamburgers (technically what you American-readers [ for some reason I have more American readers than Norwegian ones] call sliders I think) And the recipe was really good!
However, we don’t have instant yeast here, so I used normal dry yeast.





Well, it was a successful tapas table at least, and included these dishes;
Potato salad with yoghurt dressing and mint
Chicken rolls with pesto and feta cheese (wrapped in bacon, always fun)
Mango Chutney
Tomato and Mozzarella salad
Mini Hamburgers (sliders)
Mini pizzas
Roasted potatoes
“Pickled” sugar snaps and red onion salad
Chick peas and spicy sausage
Teriyaki pork
Orange honey pork
Sausage mix
Tzatziki
Stuffed mushrooms with rice, mushroom and thyme
Stuffed tomatoes with meat, onions, mozzarella and spicy tomato sauce
(Shrimp) Scampi with a mango/chili marinade (these were really good!)
(Shrimp) Scampi with a Greek marinade
Deviled eggs (these never came on the table)

Request recipes if you want them!

I also started two more dishes that I didn’t finish.




I’ve also decorated myself a new pair of shoes. Here’s a funky “before and after” as well as an even funkier “after”.



I think they turned out pretty good the green line was there when i bought them, and it's really not that bright. I just messed it up in photoshop, and couldn't be bothered.

I promise to be back soon with more tips and tricks (I’ve made a whole section on domestic “natural and easy cleaning” tips, as well as the continuation on “how to be good).

Until then;

Be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment