Sunday 28 November 2010

Finding myself - drawing my thoughts

I've made a huge leap this weekend. In the never ending quest to find out who I am I just found out what I'm not. I'm not a definable list of hobbies, personality traits and skills that combined equals me.

The last year I've focused solely on writing. I've put all other hobbies aside in the quest to become a good writer. I started this blog to force my self to write regularly and expansively, and I feel guilt and defeat whenever a week goes by without me writing a word.

In my last entries I included a few illustrations, and when I started a new blog last week I decided to make a few illustrations myself.

Something fell in to place. I've missed drawing. I've missed illustrating.
I've missed knitting and sewing and making jewelery, I've missed playing my base and writing poems instead of short stories.

In a way, my drawings have triggered a whole new set of inspiration for writing.

So a little tip from me to you; when trying to find out who you are, don't forget to include what you already know.

I love drawing.





1 comment: